[Xymon] Xymon PowerShell Windows client

Brandon Dale BDale at kitchengroup.com.au
Wed Mar 4 03:26:03 CET 2015

Hi Zak,

I want to be able to see the network traffic in/out on each NIC on my windows machines running the new PowerShell client, I have never really looked into how this worked in bbwin but if I look at a few example machines I see the following:

1.       On a Linux machine I get Network Traffic and TCP/IP Statics graphs on the trends page

a.       Raw data contains [ifstat] and [netstat] information

2.       On a windows machine running BBWin 0.13 I only get a TCP/IP Statics graph on the trends page

a.       [ifstat] is blank

b.      [netstat] contains data e.g

[netstat]

ipPacketsReceived=53513930
ipReceivedHeaderErrors=0
ipReceivedAddressErrors=355513
ipDatagramsForwarded=0
ipUnknownProtocolsReceived=2158
ipReceivedPacketsDiscarded=1266110
ipReceivedPacketsDelivered=52167159
ipOutputRequests=31961136
ipRoutingDiscards=0
ipDiscardedOutputPackets=5221
ipOutputPacketNoRoute=0
ipReassemblyRequired=730696
ipReassemblySuccessful=199056
ipReassemblyFailures=0
ipDatagramsSuccessfullyFragmented=0
ipDatagramsFailingFragmentation=0
ipFragmentsCreated=0

ipv6PacketsReceived=7895
ipv6ReceivedHeaderErrors=0
ipv6ReceivedAddressErrors=0
ipv6DatagramsForwarded=0
ipv6UnknownProtocolsReceived=0
ipv6ReceivedPacketsDiscarded=5199
ipv6ReceivedPacketsDelivered=7908
ipv6OutputRequests=2596918
ipv6RoutingDiscards=0
ipv6DiscardedOutputPackets=0
ipv6OutputPacketNoRoute=2
ipv6ReassemblyRequired=0
ipv6ReassemblySuccessful=0
ipv6ReassemblyFailures=0
ipv6DatagramsSuccessfullyFragmented=0
ipv6DatagramsFailingFragmentation=0
ipv6FragmentsCreated=0

3.       On a windows machine running PowerShell client v1.98 I don't get any network related graphs however I seem to have data available:

a.       [ifstat] contains data e.g

[ifstat]

fe80::25a5:b99d:55cd:951f%12 2655878237 519887923

10.250.100.163 2655878237 519887923

a.       [netstat] contains data e.g

[netstat]

PacketsReceived=3387463

ReceivedHeaderErrors=0

ReceivedAddressErrors=51034

DatagramsForwarded=0

UnknownProtocolsReceived=0

ReceivedPacketsDiscarded=146872

ReceivedPacketsDelivered=3219450

OutputRequests=950747

RoutingDiscards=0

DiscardedOutputPackets=102

OutputPacketNoRoute=0

ReassemblyRequired=83643

ReassemblySuccessful=27881

ReassemblyFailures=0

DatagramsSuccessfullyFragmented=0

DatagramsFailingFragmentation=0

FragmentsCreated=0

PacketsReceived=1266

ReceivedHeaderErrors=0

ReceivedAddressErrors=0

DatagramsForwarded=0

UnknownProtocolsReceived=0

ReceivedPacketsDiscarded=618

ReceivedPacketsDelivered=1264

OutputRequests=11680

RoutingDiscards=0

DiscardedOutputPackets=0

OutputPacketNoRoute=2

ReassemblyRequired=0

ReassemblySuccessful=0

ReassemblyFailures=0

DatagramsSuccessfullyFragmented=0

DatagramsFailingFragmentation=0

FragmentsCreated=0

The netstat data in the PowerShell client doesn't seem to have the ip / ipv6 infront of the values so they are listed twice in the example above. So I'm not sure what graphs should I be expecting to get under trends with the PowerShell client for network traffic?

At the moment I'm guessing the ifstat data isn't in a format xymon will automatically graph and add to the trends page and the same for the netstat data possibly just because it has duplicate values for ipv4 and ipv6.

Regards,

Brandon