[Xymon] rpm for opensuse

Tony Hahn t.tony1700 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 14:15:36 CEST 2015

Hello,

I have been using xymon on ubuntu for years and I am very happy with it.
Recently I have to install xymon for opensuse-13.2, and could not find a
suitable rpm for it.

I am considering the following options:

(1)  build and install from source
(2)  build from sources, install using checkinstall to keep the rpm
(3) build the rpm using OBS (build.opensuse.org)

What is the least painful option? I have no experience with rpm/deb building

Another question is which version is recommended for a long-term
installation? Is there such a thing as stable and development version for
xymon?

Regards,
Tony