[Xymon] Bug or feature?

Root, Paul T Paul.Root at CenturyLink.com
Fri Jun 5 15:44:25 CEST 2015

If you set the test to disabled until a certain time, when the test runs, whether it has a green result or not, it will not clear out the disabled status. If you had disabled "until ok" then it would have cleared.

Once a test is disabled for a set amount of time, it will not change to another state until 1) the time runs out AND 2) a new status comes in.

From: Xymon [mailto:xymon-bounces at xymon.com] On Behalf Of Becker Christian
Sent: Friday, June 05, 2015 2:46 AM
To: Xymon at xymon.com
Subject: [Xymon] Bug or feature?

Hello everybody,

i want to know if the following is a bug or a feature:

I have a client (Ubuntu 9.10) running Xymon 4.3.7, reporting it's results to our Xymon server running Xymon 4.3.11.

The client has a script in /opt/xymon/ext that is beeing kicked off  once a working day in the week at 04:45 am. This is configured by a CRONDATE statement in clientlaunch.cfg.
The script is reporting it's result to the Xymon server using a status lifetime of 1d (status +1d).
The above is working.

Now we had the situation, that this test has gone to status "red". The problem behind that wasn't a real problem, it was due to a bank holiday and not a real problem.
Nevertheless I have disabled this particular test until 5 minutes beyond the next run-time of that test; it has been disabled until 4:50 am of the next day.

When I checked this the next day at 08:30h, this test still was at "blue" (disabled) - I expected, that this should either be "green" or any other than "blue".
When I clicked into that test I could see, that "inside" it showed the "new" test result as "green", but the test page was "blue".

Hope my explanation of the situation is a bit understandeable.....

Is the above a bug? Or did I do something wrong?

Greetings
Christian

Christian Becker
IT-Services

Christian.Becker at rhein-zeitung.net<mailto:Christian.Becker at rhein-zeitung.net>
Mittelrhein-Verlag GmbH
August-Horch-Straße 28
D-56070 Koblenz
Verleger und Geschäftsführer: Walterpeter Twer
Reg.-Gericht Koblenz HRB 121
Finanzamt Koblenz Str.Nr. 22 65 10 285 2
www.rhein-zeitung.de<http://www.rhein-zeitung.de/>

This communication is the property of CenturyLink and may contain confidential or privileged information. Unauthorized use of this communication is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the communication and any attachments.