[Xymon] Xymon server report purple because custom client script do not report often enough

Kim Johansen hobbit at weiser.dk
Fri Jul 10 22:34:09 CEST 2015

Hey,

I have made a script which count how many times a string appears in a
log file. Nothing special. And it works fine.

Doing the testing of this script I made the interval to 1m, just so I
did not have to wait to long to test changes.

Now that I finish with the script I want the interval, configured in
clientlaunch.cfg, to run every 60m, so I have changed it in
clientlaunch.cfg.

But that result in the xymon server is complaining about stop reporting
from the client on this custom check.

I have tried to delete the test status from the server, but with no luck.

Is there something I have misunderstood and is there a way to fix it?

Clientlaunch.cfg
[razor-count]
      ENVFILE $HOBBITCLIENTHOME/etc/hobbitclient.cfg
      CMD $HOBBITCLIENTHOME/ext/razor-report-count.sh
      LOGFILE /var/log/hobbit/razor-report-count.log
      INTERVAL 60m

Thanks,

Kim.