[Xymon] XymonPowershellClient RRD collect graphing long mountpoint names

zak.beck at accenture.com zak.beck at accenture.com
Thu Feb 26 10:25:08 CET 2015

Hi

Yes, I had anticipated this and you can see I attempted to deal with it via
truncation and the ellipsis (.). However, I can see how this wasn't the
greatest idea :)

I do quite like going back to the BBWin source in these situations and
trying to work out how it did it. What I think it does in this case, at
least for some of the columns, is adjust the column width to the widest
value. This makes sense - it means the formatting does not look really odd
when you have short values.

I have committed a change that does similar - the Filesystem, Mountpoint and
Label fields will be sized to fit the largest data. Seems to work with my
test mountpoint. Because the full text is now reported in, the mountpoints
are now unique and I'm hoping this will fix the graphing.

As I see it, the problem with just using the label is that it doesn't always
reflect the actual path - which may be OK if you are familiar with the
system in question, but if you have on-call staff who do not frequently work
on your environment but are there just in case, I can imagine it could get
confusing when they get called out on the back of an alert.

Zak