[Xymon] Xymon Powershell Windows client

lukas.kohl at ergodirekt.de lukas.kohl at ergodirekt.de
Mon Feb 16 10:46:22 CET 2015

Hello Zak,
please correct me if I am wrong, but I don't see a proper way to set these settings local:

HOST=example-host
        UP      10m
        LOAD    80 100
        PROC    java 10 -1
        PORT    LOCAL=%[.:]2000[0-9]$ MIN=5 MAX=10 STATE=LISTENING TRACK=ports
        SVC     XymonPSClient status=started startup=automatic

In contrast, here is a snippet of localclient.cfg, which is shipped with the Linux client (http://sourceforge.net/p/xymon/code/HEAD/tree/branches/4.3.17/client/localclient.cfg):

# localclient.cfg - configuration file for a LOCAL Xymon client.
#
# By default, Xymon clients send raw data to the Xymon server,
# which in turn converts the data into status messages.
# In that case, THIS FILE IS NOT USED and you should IGNORE it.
#
# If you want to configure clients locally (on the server that the
# client runs one), you do it here. You MUST also change the
# clientlaunch.cfg file and add the "--local" option to the
# command launching xymonclient.sh
#
# The file defines a series of rules:
#    UP     : Changes the "cpu" status when the system has rebooted recently,
#             or when it has been running for too long.
#    LOAD   : Changes the "cpu" status according to the system load.
#    CLOCK  : Changes the "cpu" status if the client system clock is
#             not synchronized with the clock of the Xymon server.
#    DISK   : Changes the "disk" status, depending on the amount of space
#             used of filesystems.
#    MEMPHYS: Changes the "memory" status, based on the percentage of real
#             memory used.
#    MEMACT : Changes the "memory" status, based on the percentage of "actual"
#             memory used. Note: Not all systems report an "actual" value.
#    MEMSWAP: Changes the "memory" status, based on the percentage of swap
#             space used.
#    PROC   : Changes the "procs" status according to which processes were found
#             in the "ps" listing from the client.
#    LOG    : Changes the "msgs" status according to entries in text-based logfiles.
#             Note: The "client-local.cfg" file controls which logfiles the client will report.
#    FILE   : Changes the "files" status according to meta-data for files.
#             Note: The "client-local.cfg" file controls which files the client will report.
#    DIR    : Changes the "files" status according to the size of a directory.
#             Note: The "client-local.cfg" file controls which directories the client will report.
#    PORT   : Changes the "ports" status according to which tcp ports were found
#             in the "netstat" listing from the client.
#    DEFAULT: Set the default values that apply if no other rules match.

Kind regards,
Lukas