[Xymon] ftps tests

Galen Johnson Galen.Johnson at sas.com
Fri Dec 18 19:22:06 CET 2015

Actually, this would make more sense:

[ftps-implicit]
   send "quit\r\n"
   expect "220"
   options ssl,banner
   port 21

[ftps|ftps-explicit]
   send "quit\r\n"
   expect "220"
   options ssl,banner
   port 990

=G=

________________________________
From: Xymon <xymon-bounces at xymon.com> on behalf of Galen Johnson <Galen.Johnson at sas.com>
Sent: Friday, December 18, 2015 1:19 PM
To: Jeremy Laidman; Japheth Cleaver; xymon at xymon.com
Subject: Re: [Xymon] ftps tests

Well, I was able to get it to connect using

openssl s_client -starttls ftp -crlf -connect remote.host:21

This dumps the cert as expected...

It should work the same as ftp/ftpd only using implicit ftps.  That said, I would have thought ftps would have worked but I expect under the covers xymonnet is just doing something different.  I doubt adding the following stanza would help:

[ftpstls]
   send "quit\r\n"
   expect "220"
   options ssl,banner
   port 21

Any thoughts on how we might be able to integrate this?

=G=