[Xymon] Trigger a script from xymon webpage

Raunak Kothari kothari.raunak at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 08:20:30 CET 2015

Hi everyone,

Let me explain what I am trying to do. Let's say we have some monitoring on
our servers in xymon which can alert us when something goes wrong. The
corrective action for such events is normally to have our support team
restart some service or follow some remedial procedure, most of which could
be automated.
The issue many a time is the access into the system during non office
hours. The support staff may not be able to access the system immediately
and so would like to explore if there is any way to trigger any scripts etc
from the xymon webpages. Sort of like clicking any buttons on the webpage
could be enabled to trigger a customer script ? Is it possible to do this
using xymon, do share if someone has any experience with this. Thanks.

Regards,
Raunak