[Xymon] Layout

J.C. Cleaver cleaver at terabithia.org
Tue Dec 8 17:57:15 CET 2015

On Tue, December 8, 2015 8:01 am, David Welker wrote:
> JC,
>
> Naturally, CSS-controlled would be the best solution, but your proposed
> "hack" would work on older versions of Xymon (I'm still on v4.3.21)?  I'm
> thinking if there was just a way to ignore html tags when determining the
> hostname from hosts.cfg, this hack of yours could work!

Well, there's probably a fair amount of stuff out there that reads the
hosts.cfg file in expecting `grep ^[0-9] | awk '{print $2}'` (or something
similar) to represent spaceless hostnames only.

However, I think a separate config tag (pre-only? separate pre/post? use
format or '&H' string to wrap what xymongen already displays?) should be
fairly do-able. And yep, it could be done in the 4.3 branch as a patch.

I'll see if this is something I can get a working version of for inclusion.

Regards,
-jc