[Xymon] http error

J.C. Cleaver cleaver at terabithia.org
Tue Dec 1 16:29:18 CET 2015

On Mon, November 30, 2015 9:38 pm, Nikesh Maharaj wrote:

> I configured xymon to monitor http on one of my servers. After xymon
> upgrade, the icon is now orange with the following error. Am I doing
> something wrong ?
>
> Xymon 4.3.24-1.el6.terabithia<http://xymon.sourceforge.net/>
>
> HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently
> Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2015 05:34:57 GMT
> Connection: close
>
> Seconds: 0.003540000

Hi,

This is an intentional 'Warning' that the URL checked is actually a
permanent redirect, to remind you that Xymon isn't checking the actual URL
that end users are being sent off to (in this case, "http://vip/ESS/").

To clear this, change the original URL you're checking to
"httpstatus;YOURORIGINALURLHERE;301;" . You may want to check the
destination as a separate URL as well.

A future xymon version will allow status code logic to be specified by
config as well.

Regards,
-jc