[Xymon] purple problems

Jeremy Laidman jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au
Mon Aug 31 05:07:27 CEST 2015

https://www.google.com/?q=site:lists.xymon.com+purple+raid

> Our xymon server is showing purple indicators for two of our custom scripts
> but only on a handful of systems.

The scripts are running client-side and/or server-side?  Can you describe
how the scripts work?  Are they locally-written scripts or did you get them
from somewhere online?

RAID checks are not standard for most Xymon clients.  I've never used or
seen RAID checks.  A quick look at the source code indicates built-in
support for only Linux, where "md" devices are identified in /proc/mdstat.

> At the bottom of the incorrect raid report page there is a
> link to "client data". If I follow the link I get a full report *including
> the correct,*
> *current raid information*!

How is the RAID information getting into the client data?  This might not
be used by your custom scripts, and so might be a red herring.  More detail
is required about the raid scripts.  Or whether you're using the built-in
support for Linux RAID meta-devices reporting with client data in the
[mdstat] section.  If the latter, perhaps you could show the [mdstat]
section of client data?

Cheers
Jeremy