[Xymon] Upgrade to 4.3.21, https tests seem to no longer work.

Shawn Heisey hobbit at elyograg.org
Wed Aug 26 00:12:26 CEST 2015

On 8/25/2015 3:37 PM, Ralph Mitchell wrote:
> You might want to try
>
>      rpm--verify openssl-devel
>
> in case something happened that made the files go away, or become
> inaccessible.

That command returned no output.  On a Linux machine, that usually means
everything's good.

I also did "yum reinstall openssl openssl-devel" which downloaded the
packages and reinstalled them.  Xymon still wouldn't link right.

I do have OpenSSL 1.0.2a installed in /usr/local/ssl. There is a symlink
at /usr/local/bin/ossl pointing to /usr/local/ssl/bin/openssl.  I would
not expect this to cause any problems, but do you think it might be
causing a problem?  I only installed this so I could run a newer version
when I create certificate signing requests.  Nothing on this server is
linked against that OpenSSL installation.

On the off chance that the additional openssl install was causing
problems, I did these commands:

cd /usr/local
tar zcf ssl.tar.gz ssl
rm -rf ssl

When I tried the build again, suddenly it all worked.  Looking at the
build log a second time, now I notice that it is finding libraries in
/usr/local/ssl, which I didn't notice the first time.

Is there any way to make this work right?  If it detected the install in
/usr/local/ssl, shouldn't it have used it?  Is Xymon not compatible with
the latest OpenSSL versions?

I probably compiled the additional OpenSSL so it is statically linked.
I lifted the commandline to compile OpenSSL from my haproxy servers.  I
needed the latest openssl for haproxy, and haproxy will not work right
if you build it with a locally compiled openssl but also have the
openssl package (NOT the dev package!) from the distro installed.

Thanks,
Shawn