[Xymon] Xymonnet on single host.

J.C. Cleaver cleaver at terabithia.org
Wed Aug 12 20:15:30 CEST 2015

On Wed, August 12, 2015 10:42 am, Ricardo L. wrote:
> I have xymonnet set to run weekly via crondate.
>

> Now I have the need to monitor a single host ping and ssh every 5 minutes.
> How would I go about doing this ?

That's an interesting config.

If you're okay with running all of the tests for that host (not just ping
and SSH), then the easiest method would be to set up another invocation of
xymonnet (in tasks.cfg) using the normal "INTERVAL" directive. Keep the
options the same, but simply specify the particular host you're interested
in at the end of the command line.

Per https://xymon.com/help/manpages/man1/xymonnet.1.html, xymonnet will
restrict itself to that/those if hostnames are given.

It's not an especially efficient way to run xymonnet, but for most sized
configs and on normal hardware that shouldn't be an issue.

Might I ask, any particular reason for the 1 week, fixed-time run cycle?

HTH,

-jc