[Xymon] Why does the cipher list in sslcert test show disabled ciphers?

Ralph Mitchell ralphmitchell at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 22:42:36 CEST 2015

It's not giving you a list of the ciphers the remote host permits.  All it
does is cycle through the list of ciphers available on the Xymon server. I
think there's a flag (for xymonnet, maybe?) that turns off that list.  A
long time back I patched my copy of xymonnet to only return the cipher
actually used to talk to the remore server.

There's a program called sslscan that actually tests the entire list of
ciphers against the remote host and tells you what works and what fails.
That could be incorporated into an external test, maybe.

Ralph Mitchell