[Xymon] Why IGNORE HOST and EXHOST work differently with UNMATCHED?

Jeremy Laidman jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au
Mon Aug 3 03:25:40 CEST 2015

I think this can be explained from the man page:

"IGNORE - This is used to define a recipient that does NOT trigger any
alerts, and also terminates the search for more recipients."

What this means is that the rule matched the host "somehost" but the alert
for the recipient was suppressed.  The fact that it matched means that the
UNMATCHED rule will not be invoked.

By contrast, the EXHOST causes the rule to not match "somehost", hence will
match the UNMATCHED rule.

I hope this explains.

Cheers
Jeremy