[Xymon] Migrating from BBWin to Xymon PS Client

Brandon Dale BDale at kitchengroup.com.au
Thu Apr 2 03:18:56 CEST 2015

It looks like you can also ignore against eventids in the analysis.cfg

Not very good at regex but something like this might work and then you can match on the anything:

LOG     eventlog_Application  %^warning.* COLOR=yellow "IGNORE=%(\[1111\])|(\[2222\])|(\[1\] - test)"

I could be wrong but I think the analysis.cfg is the best place to do this if you want to be able to match on some combo of the provider / eventid / message etc if you do it in alerts.cfg you will still be changing the colour of the msgs test which you might not want.

Powershell skills aren't great either... but I think in the powershell client this is where the ignore rules are evaluated in the XymonMsgs Function

1522                                    if ($entry.ProviderName -match $filter -or $entry.Message -match $filter)

You might be able to change it to something like:

$fullevent=[string]$level + " - " + [string]$entry.TimeCreated + " - " + "[$($entry.Id)] - " + [string]$entry.ProviderName + " - " + [string]$entry.Message
  if ($fullevent -match $filter)

so you then you are matching against the entire message you see in the msgs column using client-local.cfg, syntax is probably wrong and I don't know what else it would break but you get the idea.

Regards,

Brandon