[Xymon] Xymon Powershell Client Problems

Ribeiro, Glauber glauber.ribeiro at experian.com
Thu Sep 25 22:12:14 CEST 2014

I've seen most of those, and reported them to the maintainer, but I hadn't seen the "Critical" one.

#1 is because of that string introduced by a version control system. I just edit it do get rid of, or quote, the "$"s.

Setting up the host name doesn't work. I think I figured out why, and I posted it in this list a few weeks ago. I'd need to search for the email - I believe the wrong default variable is used. I work around the host name issues using an alias on the server, in hosts.cfg.

There was an issue with large disks reporting free space incorrectly because of using signed 32-bit ints. I think that's been fixed.

Even though it's not perfect yet, I still use this one instead of BBWin, because BBWin is also buggy and not really maintained. At least the Powershell version I can fix myself. :-)

glauber