[Xymon] Current status + availability reports

Ralph Mitchell ralphmitchell at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 03:46:34 CEST 2014

I have a cgi script that uses the xymon xymondboard command to get a list
of the servers that have the sslcert column, extracts the certificate
information and constructs a table of the urls, certificates and expiry
dates.  I don't have the script handy here, but essentially it does
something like this:

    xymon localhost "xymondboard  test=sslcert fields=hostname" | while
read hostname
    do
        MSG=`xymon localhost "xymondlog $hostname.sslcert"`
        [ do stuff to process $MSG ]
    done
    [ post process the collected data ]

It doesn't create a Xymon page, it just emits the necessary headers for a
browser to receive a page, followed by a a big html <table>, with options
to sort by different columns, or download as a CSV.

This is all done on-demand, whenever anyone visits the CGI link.  Obviously
something similar could be run from cron, stuffing the extracted
information into a database for later queries to generate monthly,
quarterly and yearly reports.

Ralph Mitchell