[Xymon] Generating alerts by non-xymon shell scripts

Novosielski, Ryan novosirj at ca.rutgers.edu
Tue Sep 23 01:23:28 CEST 2014

Sure. All custom tests basically do this by sending the correct line of text over to the Xymon server. Take a look at one. You also probably want to send a status lifetime to keep the test from turning purple in between executions (otherwise by default, the message is stale at 30m).

--
____ *Note: UMDNJ is now Rutgers-Biomedical and Health Sciences*
||_// Biomedical | Ryan Novosielski - Senior Technologist
|| \\ and Health | novosirj at rutgers.edu<mailto:novosirj at rutgers.edu>- 973/972.0922 (2x0922)
||  \\  Sciences | OIRT/High Perf & Res Comp - MSB C630, Newark
    `'