[Xymon] Several yellow alerts on nongreen.html page, acknowledge alerts lists none

Bill Arlofski waa-hobbitml at revpol.com
Wed Sep 17 16:45:36 CEST 2014

I have seen a curious behavior that I think might be a bug.

Currently I have several servers with a yellow status for the cpu test. Each
of these machines were recently rebooted, so the yellow status is correct, and
I know that yellow statuses will stay yellow for several more hours.

I would like to acknowledge these alerts to stop the distracting blinking
yellow icons and show the static yellow check mark icon instead.

>From the nongreen.html page, choosing Administration --> Acknowledge alert
brings me to the acknowledge.sh page which says "No active alerts" instead of
displaying the form with each non-green host/test listed and the ability to
acknowledge multiple hosts.

If I click on a yellow cpu icon from the nongreen.html page, and then
Administration --> Acknowledge alert I have the form to acknowledge the yellow
cpu alert as expected.

However, there are to problems with this.

First, with a large number of non-green hosts/tests, I would have to go back
and choose each test manually and individually to acknowledge it

Second, I have no red alerts in the system, but when I om on the
acknowledge.sh page, the background is red

Any ideas?  Am I misunderstanding how this works?  Does it only work on red
statuses?  Why is the background for the acknowledge page red when there are
no red alerts in the system

Thanks for any help.

Note:  This is version 4.3.17

Bill