[Xymon] leaking memory, alerts.cfg problems

Tres Finocchiaro tres.finocchiaro at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 17:22:17 CEST 2014

@Carl,

Thank, I believe that corrected the lingering telnet.  It has not
reappeared, thank you.

But I'm still not receiving alerts.  We've intentionally left SSH disabled
on this switch to trigger an alert, but emails don't seem to be going
through.

What is the command to trigger a test email from xymon?  I found this in
the archives:

> $ xymoncmd xymon_alert --test SWITCH1 ssh

But I get this:

> 2014-09-10 11:14:01 Using default environment file
> /usr/lib/xymon/client/etc/xymonserver.cfg
> 2014-09-10 11:14:01 execvp() failed: No such file or directory

I assume xymon doesn't stop sending alerts after a timeout period, right?
 We chose to use the SSH service since it doesn't affect our environment.
 We can add a fake hostname/ip as well.  I fear may have something
misconfigured since alerts won't go through at all.

-Tres