[Xymon] [Devmon] devmon mysterious behaviour

Ryan Rush ryanmrush at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 09:15:59 CET 2014

Are there any concurrent snmp polls running? I have noticed that when
testing, older Cisco hardware will queue new walks when one is running. If
the runtime if the current poll exceeds timeout on the new poll, one might
experience the symptoms you are describing.

Verify no other polls are occurring, then check your lib paths. I have
experienced issues when migrating older code to 64 bit Linux systems, and
resolved the problems with sym links after reviewing debugs.