[Xymon] How to configure mail and Sond alert?

Jeremy Laidman jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au
Tue Oct 28 02:59:11 CET 2014

Alerting can be configured in the alerts.cfg file.  Review the
documentation for alerts.cfg for more information on this.

What do you have in mind for "sound" alert?  Xymon only supports email, but
for SMS or other paging type systems, you can typically use an email-to-SMS
gateway, either as a service, or as an appliance.

Many people have rolled their own system for this also, and so you can get
push notifications to Android/iOS devices.

Xymon lets you specify a script for handling alert messages, so you can
write your own and make it do whatever you like, such as call "smbclient"
to create a winpopup message (although I think this feature has been
deprecated since before Windows XP) or a Growl message to Mac/Windows, send
a WAV file to the speaker, or have it cut a log message for some other tool
to interpret and alert on.

Cheers
Jeremy