[Xymon] xymon 4.3.17 central mode SVCS service status text inaccurate

Rob Robertson robr7535 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 19:23:55 CEST 2014

Hi,

I have installed Xymon 4.3.17 on CentOS 6, using bbwin .13 on the Win hosts
in central configuration mode.

I'm seeing an odd issue when monitoring Windows services- the service
status color matches the state of the service (red=service down;
green=service up), but the text displayed does not.

For example, service1 is running, and shown as green as it should be. But
the status text displayed is 'service1 is stopped/disabled - want
started/any'. I've confirmed the service is running, and the data sent by
the client (via client data link on xymon page) shows it as such.

What I have in analysis.cfg is simply:

HOST=host1
            SVC service1 STATUS=started

I've seen some reports with previous xymon versions having similar problems
when monitoring Windows hosts in central mode. Is there a way around this
besides from switching to local mode?

Thanks,
Rob.