[Xymon] Unable to drop content checks

Mike Burger mburger at bubbanfriends.org
Tue Oct 14 14:50:01 CEST 2014

Good morning, all.

Running Xymon 4.3.17, I've tried every magical incantation of the
"xymon" command with the "drop" parameter that I can think of, but I
haven't been able to get Xymon to drop 3 previously configured content
checks.

I've updated the hosts.cfg file to remove the cont= tests from the
host's entry (content check/column names were ptlcls1, ptlcls2 and
ptlcls3).

I've tried:

xymon <hostname.of.xymon> "drop <client-host-name> ptlcls1" (as well as
ptlcls2 and ptlcls3)

I've also tried:

xymon <hostname.of.xymon> "drop <client-host-name> cont"

But the tests continue to show up in the alarms list or in the disabled
list, as I've now disabled them in order to clear my board of alarms.

Am I missing something, doing something wrong, or am I just going to
have to drop the client from Xymon (thereby losing its history) and
re-add it (obviously, not really a great option)?

Thank you.

--
Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org

"It's always suicide-mission this, save-the-planet that. No one ever
just stops by to say 'hi' anymore." --Colonel Jack O'Neill, SG1