[Xymon] Xymon pull client data setup

Thomas Eckert thomas.eckert at IT-Eckert.de
Wed Oct 8 07:36:16 CEST 2014

Depending on the extent of the security requirements 'ssh-tunnel' may be an alternative.

In a nutshell it provides a convenient way to manage an ssh tunnel to clients (opening port 1984 there).

Upstream: https://wiki.xymonton.org/doku.php/addons:ssh_tunnel?s[]=ssh&s[]=tunnel

Bashified-version with a few tweaks: http://www.it-eckert.com/software/patches/ssh-tunnel/

More background info on usage (incl. combining 1 tunnel with xymonproxy to provide a "hub" for a bunch of EC2 instances):

http://www.it-eckert.com/blog/2014/remote-site-monitoring-with-ssh-tunnel/
http://www.it-eckert.com/blog/2014/combine-ssh-tunnel-with-xymonproxy/

Thomas