[Xymon] Auto Acknowledge alert

John Thurston john.thurston at alaska.gov
Mon Oct 6 22:57:32 CEST 2014

On 10/6/2014 11:50 AM, Blumenthal, Russell wrote:
> Is there a way to get a link that when clicked it will auto acknowledge
> an alert (after the login) with a preset message/time?
>
> What I would like to do, ideally, is have a script that emails out the
> information but also includes a link so that anyone that gets the email
> can acknowledge the alert just by clicking it.

Well, acknowledge.sh is accessible in the xymon-seccgi path so you
should be able to construct an appropriate URL to it. I quick sampling
on my own server shows the following information is sent as a POST

> DELAY_1=2&PERIOD_1=min&MESSAGE_1=foo&NUMBER_1=509331&HOSTNAME_1=bar.state.ak.us&TESTNAME_1=conn&Send_1=Send

The questions are, where does the NUMBER value come from, and will a GET
work (or must you POST)?

There is also xymon-mailack which might meet your needs.
> DESCRIPTION
> xymon-mailack normally runs as an input mail-filter for the xymon user, e.g. by being called from the xymon users' procmailrc(5) file. xymon-mailack recognizes e-mails that are replies to xymond_alert(8) mail alerts, and converts the reply mail into an acknowledge message that is sent to the Xymon system. This permits an administrator to acknowledge an alert via e-mail.

John Thurston    907-465-8591
John.Thurston at alaska.gov
Enterprise Technology Services
Department of Administration