[Xymon] Double, triple notifications

Andrey Chervonets A.Chervonets at cominder.eu
Mon Oct 6 16:09:10 CEST 2014

Thanks a lot!
place, which most probably caused the problem.

I would like to explain a bit:

In alerts config. I had used some variables like:

$HOSTS_PROD=host1,host2,host3
$HOSTS_TEST=thost1,thost2
$HOSTS_DEV=dhost1

And some rules, including for  $HOSTS_DEV (some separate as well as some
together with $HOSTS_TEST)
and merged variables too:
$HOSTS_ALL=$HOSTS_PROD,$HOSTS_TEST,$HOSTS_DEV

This worked fine until we switched of dhost1 host (reason does not matter)
and I had commended variabled definition:
# $HOSTS_DEV=dhost1

But rules remained. As result  there was rules for empty element

# development
HOST=$HOSTS_DEV       SERVICES=$SVC_DB_BUSN COLOR=red,yellow,purple
  MAIL=$CM_SUPPORT_DBA    DURATION>15m REPEAT=60m RECOVERED  DURATION<180m
FORMAT=PLAIN

this rule really resulted to:
HOST=   SERVICES=dbinvobj COLOR=red,yellow,purple
  MAIL=support at maildomain.eu    DURATION>15m REPEAT=60m RECOVERED
DURATION<180m FORMAT=PLAIN

This rule most probably worked out in some cases together with correct
one.

Best regards,

Andrey Chervonets
SIA CoMinder