[Xymon] AD connectivity / performance test

Brandon Dale bdale at kitchen-net.com.au
Tue Nov 25 23:25:34 CET 2014

I don' think that would be a very good indication of anything useful, you are better off testing the health of the domain controllers in someway. I have found the best way to write custom tests for anything windows is to write them in powershell and use xymonsend.ps1 that comes with the PowerShell client to send the status messages to xymon.

I was thinking about this yesterday my powershell skills are pretty limited but it should be fairly easy to write something in powershell to run dcdiag for each of your domain controllers and look for failed tests or something similar. Could do something with repadmin results or the Best Practice Analyzer as well.

Regards,

Brandon