[Xymon] Status propagation

Scot Kreienkamp SKreien at la-z-boy.com
Mon Nov 3 21:52:02 CET 2014

Hi Everyone,

Wondering if this is possible... I have a series of pages, like so:

Xymon.html-->subpage Service1.html -->subpage Pilot
Xymon.html-->subpage Service1.html -->subpage UAT
Xymon.html-->subpage Service1.html -->subpage Prod

Etc...

I am currently using the NOPROP tags to keep them from propagating upward, but the problem I have with that tag is that I still want the entire page to change color for hosts on that page.  But I don't want the status changes propagating to higher views.  What I'd like is for a host on subpage Pilot to be able to turn the Pilot page red including the status on Service1.html, but the status view on the top level Xymon.html page for Service1.html is still green.  It makes things stand out a bit more on the actual page without giving false impressions on the top level page.

Any ideas if that's possible?

Thanks!

Scot Kreienkamp

This message is intended only for the individual or entity to which it is addressed. It may contain privileged, confidential information which is exempt from disclosure under applicable laws. If you are not the intended recipient, please note that you are strictly prohibited from disseminating or distributing this information (other than to the intended recipient) or copying this information. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail or by telephone at the above number. Thank you.