[Xymon] Xymon v5 readiness

Christian Herzog herzog at phys.ethz.ch
Fri May 30 12:04:06 CEST 2014

Hi all,

> the version that Christian has tested works pretty well. The LDAP
> problem is on the "to-do" list, and the only other major issue is with
> trend graphing of web content-checks (the rrd-files are not being updated).
I did not notice that :)

> I don't know if Christian tested IPv6, but since the actual changes to
> support IPv6 are fairly simple, I would not expect a lot of problems
> specifically in that area.
matter of fact, we did. Works well.

> In other words, if you need IPv6 - go grab the current "trunk" version.
> It includes the new xymonnet code that Christian mentions (he's been
> testing it, so I thought he knew it was in already ...)
true, but I recall that you mentioned yet another rewrite that you had in
mind. I was rather happy with the new xymonnet considering that it was a lot
faster than the old 4.3.x code.

> On a related note, it is obvious that the current development/release
> model does not work. I suspect I will simply be cleaning up the current
> trunk code and release it more or less "as is" and then fix bugs / add
> features / handle regressions in smaller sub-releases.
I'd welcome this approach very much and I volunteer to continue providing
testing and bug reports for both IPv4 and v6.

best,
-Christian