[Xymon] "procs" monitoring

Mike Burger mburger at bubbanfriends.org
Thu Mar 13 21:00:10 CET 2014

> Hello,
>
> Thanks for the reply. I checked the folder "tmp" and the msg file.
> <hostname> Has 72K, and all files from tmp folder add 100K, I believe that
> this is not the problem.
>
> What parameter that you changed in xymonclient-os.sh? In my case is linux.
> About MAXDATA parameter, which is the default value? Therefore found no
> parameter in this xymonserver.cfg

I was running into a situation where my messages, data and/or status was
incomplete.

I set the following, to compensate:

MAXLINE="32768"
MAXMSG_CLIENT=1536              # clientdata messages (default=512k)
MAXMSG_STATUS=1536              # general "status" messages (default=256k)
MAXMSG_DATA=1536                # "data" messages, if enabled (default=256k)

I strongly recommend increasing your values as mentioned by Torsten.

--
Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org

"It's always suicide-mission this, save-the-planet that. No one ever just
stops by to say 'hi' anymore." --Colonel Jack O'Neill, SG1