[Xymon] Can't clear ghost clients

Root, Paul T Paul.Root at CenturyLink.com
Wed Mar 12 13:10:17 CET 2014

You have machines in the ghost list because somewhere some machine is sending updates under those names.

Put them back into your hosts.cfg so you can see what test it is that is getting sent. Then you can find that machine and fix it.

From: Xymon [mailto:xymon-bounces at xymon.com] On Behalf Of Kris Springer
Sent: Tuesday, March 11, 2014 11:05 PM
To: Xymon MailingList
Subject: [Xymon] Can't clear ghost clients

I've got 6 ghost clients listed on my server webpage.  I have a clean hosts.cfg file that definitely does not contain any of the names in the ghost list.  The ghost names are from many months ago when I first setup the server.  I've since change the names.  I've attempted to clear the ghosts using the following commands but it doesn't clear anything.  Buzzard is one of the hostnames in question.
#cd /usr/lib/xymon/server/bin
#xymon 127.0.0.1 "drop Buzzard"

Anyone have a clue as to how to clear old ghosts and/or where to find the pesky files that are causing it?

Thank you.