[Xymon] RECOVERED and NOTICE in alerts.cfg

Steve Coile scoile at mcclatchyinteractive.com
Thu Jul 31 20:59:34 CEST 2014

In alerts.cfg, are RECOVERED and NOTICE rules, or recipients?  If I include
either on a rule line, xymon_alert --dump-config doesn't show them, but if
I include them on a recipient line, it does.  The documentation (in-file
comments, man page) says they're rules, but they don't appear to work on
rule lines (that don't also include a recipient).  Is this
expected/intended behavior?  If so, can someone help me understand why?

Xymon 4.3.12

--

*Steve Coile*Senior Network and Systems Engineer, McClatchy Interactive
<http://www.mcclatchyinteractive.com/>