[Xymon] stop monitoring memory

Ian Diddams didds3 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jul 10 13:52:18 CEST 2014

sorted!

In

hobbitclient-linux.sh

comment out/remove the lines

echo "[free]"
free

didds

________________________________
 From: Jeremy Laidman <jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au>
To: Ian Diddams <didds3 at yahoo.co.uk>
Cc: "xymon at xymon.com" <xymon at xymon.com>
Sent: Thursday, 10 July 2014, 4:48
Subject: Re: [Xymon] stop monitoring memory

On 9 July 2014 20:43, Ian Diddams <didds3 at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

Oh - as I understand this is in local mode.

My understanding is that in local mode, the memory data is analysed and sent by xymond_client.  Perhaps you could run this with the "--debug" switch to see what's going on.  Also, you could use a xymond_channel command on the server to watch the memory status messages come in, to check whether they're coming from the client.  Something like:

  xymond_channel --channel=status --filter='name-of-host.*\|memory\|' cat

As far as I can tell from reviewing the code, the xymond_client program gets its memory numbers from the client data, but it uses different section names depending on the OS.  For Linux, it looks only in [free], for FreeBSD it looks in [meminfo] and [swapinfo], and for Solaris it looks in [memory], [swap] and [swaplist].  What OS are you using?

Cheers
Jeremy