[Xymon] stop monitoring memory

Jeremy Laidman jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au
Thu Jul 10 05:48:27 CEST 2014

On 9 July 2014 20:43, Ian Diddams <didds3 at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Oh - as I understand this is in local mode.

My understanding is that in local mode, the memory data is analysed and
sent by xymond_client.  Perhaps you could run this with the "--debug"
switch to see what's going on.  Also, you could use a xymond_channel
command on the server to watch the memory status messages come in, to check
whether they're coming from the client.  Something like:

  xymond_channel --channel=status --filter='name-of-host.*\|memory\|' cat

As far as I can tell from reviewing the code, the xymond_client program
gets its memory numbers from the client data, but it uses different section
names depending on the OS.  For Linux, it looks only in [free], for FreeBSD
it looks in [meminfo] and [swapinfo], and for Solaris it looks in [memory],
[swap] and [swaplist].  What OS are you using?

Cheers
Jeremy