[Xymon] mainframe monitoring

Root, Paul T Paul.Root at CenturyLink.com
Tue Jul 8 23:32:37 CEST 2014

You'd have to define what "the mainframe" is.

You can look at the source in ./build to see Makefiles for various systems, including generic.  And you can try to build it.

Alternatively, there is an extension called 'rclient' that can ssh into a remote server and run commands for you to pull data out of machines.
What it does is push a script out to the server in question and then run it, collecting the data. I use it for a Tripplite terminal server.

From: Xymon [mailto:xymon-bounces at xymon.com] On Behalf Of Sutch, Tom
Sent: Tuesday, July 08, 2014 2:46 PM
To: xymon at xymon.com
Subject: [Xymon] mainframe monitoring

Does anyone know if there is a client for the mainframe, or some way to monitor when a mainframe is up and the status besides a basic ping test?

The information contained in this e-mail, and any attachment, is confidential and is intended solely for the use of the intended recipient. Access, copying or re-use of the e-mail or any attachment, or any information contained therein, by any other person is not authorized. If you are not the intended recipient please return the e-mail to the sender and delete it from your computer. Although we attempt to sweep e-mail and attachments for viruses, we do not guarantee that either are virus-free and accept no liability for any damage sustained as a result of viruses.

Please refer to http://disclaimer.bnymellon.com/eu.htm for certain disclosures relating to European legal entities.