[Xymon] (no subject)

Michael Resnick sys1002 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 2 15:48:48 CEST 2014

xymon-client on xymon server sending to other xymon servers

I have this working in one environment with 3 xymon servers, but just set up another 2 servers in a locked down environment.

To have data sent to other xymon servers, all I had to do was change the

XYMSERVERS=
line in xymonclient.cfg in the /home/xymon/client/etc folder

Running 4.3.11 in my normal setup, and 4.3.10 in the new one. RHEL 6 in the new setup and Centos 5 in the old one.

I am not seeing anything from the either new server in ghost client report except

10.24.13.31    jsppvlscix01    1:16  , with a blank hostname

, or in the defined server in hosts.cfg.
ping is working between the 2 new servers.

Is there anything else that needs to be done for the xymon client to work on the xymon server ?
I checked my working and new tasks.cfg and they appear to be the same.
I also checked that port 1984 is open on each via telnet.

Any hints appreciated on how to do further testing.

Thanks !