[Xymon] Additional Client messages

henrik at hswn.dk henrik at hswn.dk
Fri Jan 31 11:04:59 CET 2014

Den 2014-01-30 23:31, Andy Smith skrev:

> Hi,
>
> I have a number
of hosts where I need to check the ps listing every minute and alert
when something is wrong, but I dont want or need to run the rest of the
client agent tests more frequently than the standard 5 minute
interval.

> I thought the answer was to create a client extension to
send another ps listing as a client message with a unique Collector ID
and run this as frequently as required When I do this, I find on the
server that the client data does indeed get updated every minute but the
extra ps listing (which I put in a section called '[ps]') is not
apparently processed against analysis.cfg. I know I can do this all on
the client with a status message but I wanted to keep the configuration
central and re-use the PROCS settings in analysis.cfg.

The 'collector
ID' is used by Xymon to choose which module is used to process the data.
So if you change the collector ID, then the data will be ignored by
xymond_client.

Try sending the data with the normal collector ID
(blank), and I think that should work fine.