[Xymon] Additional Client messages

Andy Smith abs at shadymint.com
Thu Jan 30 23:31:45 CET 2014

Hi,

I have a number of hosts where I need to check the ps listing every minute
and alert when something is wrong, but I dont want or need to run the rest
of the client agent tests more frequently than the standard 5 minute
interval.

I thought the answer was to create a client extension to send another ps
listing as a client message with a unique Collector ID and run this as
frequently as required  When I do this, I find on the server that the
client data does indeed get updated every minute but the extra ps listing
(which I put in a section called '[ps]') is not apparently processed
against analysis.cfg.  I know I can do this all on the client with a status
message but I wanted to keep the configuration central and re-use the PROCS
settings in analysis.cfg.

Anyone any thoughts how to do this?
--
Andy