[Xymon] Monitoring iostat performance

Lists lists at benjamindsmith.com
Wed Jan 29 23:55:41 CET 2014

Recently, we had a publicly visible outtage as a result of one of our
load balancers exceeding the IOPS capability of its system drives. We'd
like to extend xymon (currently installed on CentOS6 /32 with defaults)
so that it can monitor IOPS for all servers.

Specifically, we'd like to see wrqm/s and probably %util. What's the
most straightforward way to accomplish this? The other alternative is to
create some form of internal script, which is doable but not preferable
if there's an off-the-shelf tool available.

-Ben