[Xymon] WinPSClient - Updates?

David Baldwin david.baldwin at ausport.gov.au
Wed Jan 15 05:51:35 CET 2014

On 11/01/14 5:57 AM, Ribeiro, Glauber wrote:

> I have now one such external script. It’s invoked every “x” minutes by
> the Windows Scheduler. It’s a Powershell script, which utilizes the
> xymonsend Powershell function to send status updates. It’s been
> running for 24 hours, and so far no problems.

Cool! I have a few powershell scripts which use it - cluster monitoring,
disk quotas, SQL databases.

> The send function might be renamed to something like
> Send-XymonMessage, to be more comforming with Powershell standards.

Making function name more standard is a good idea, but it's strictly not
just a Send function, you can query the server as well. Maybe XymonMessage?

Try:
XymonSend -servers xymonhost -msg "config client-local.cfg"

Keep up to date with what's happening in Australian sport visit http://www.ausport.gov.au

This message is intended for the addressee named and may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient please note that any form of distribution, copying or use of this communication or the information in it is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you receive this message in error, please delete it and notify the sender.