[Xymon] Best way to override process detection for an individual server

Alex Krumm-Heller ozkrumpet at gmail.com
Wed Jan 15 04:29:24 CET 2014

Hi,

I am using xymon 4.3.12. I am trying to use xymon to monitor processes
across a number of servers. We have our analysis.cfg file setup with a
regex entry to catch all the servers in our domain, but I then want to
override the check for a single server.

I have created an entry along the lines of:

HOST=%.*.foo.com
        PROC sshd 0 0 red HOST=fred.foo.com
        PROC sshd 1 -1 red

When using the above config the fred.foo.com server appears to be getting
both sshd criteria in the procs check, one looking for zero and one looking
for 1. Is there a way to override a check that runs across the whole domain
for a single server, so that fred.foo.com only looks for zero instances of
sshd?

Thanks

Alex