[Xymon] FILES in analysis.cfg

Mike Burger mburger at bubbanfriends.org
Tue Feb 18 22:02:06 CET 2014

> Hi,
>
> That part work just fine.
> Anything the * expands to will be picked up by xymon.
>
> My question is the FILE directive in the analysis.cfg
> If I just set it to
> FILE /var/tmp/sys-heartbeat-myhost red MTIME<3700
> Everything works just fine.
> But,
> If I change it to:
> FILE /var/tmp/sys-heartbeat-myhostttt red MTIME<3700
> If I read the manual correctly it should go RED because there is no file
> called  /var/tmp/sys-heartbeat-myhostttt
> If I touch the new myhostttt file it will show up on the test page
> That means the
> file:`ls -1 /var/tmp/sys-heartbeat-*`
> Works just fine as it should.
>
> So how do I get the files test go RED on a missing file?

The only way to do so is if you specify filename in question in your
analysis.cfg...you might need to use the TRACK option, to do so.

--
Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org

"It's always suicide-mission this, save-the-planet that. No one ever just
stops by to say 'hi' anymore." --Colonel Jack O'Neill, SG1