[Xymon] Multiple schedules for DOWNTIME not displaying in info

Mike Burger mburger at bubbanfriends.org
Tue Feb 11 19:59:27 CET 2014

> Hi Mike,
>
> I had this problem too.
> It seems, if you only have one scheduled downtime then spaces are no
> problem but if you have more than one ... well it helps replacing the
> spaces with underscores '_'. At least it worked for me and all scheduled
> downtimes now show up on top of the info page.
>
> HTH
> Torsten
>
> On 11.02.2014 17:41, Mike Burger wrote:
>> I've got a server for which I want 2 different DOWNTIME schedules...one
>> for "cpu" and one for "procs".
>>
>> The example on the hosts.cfg man page
>> (http://www.xymon.com/xymon/help/manpages/man5/hosts.cfg.5.html)
>> indicates
>> that the proper syntax for DOWNTIME is:
>>
>> DOWNTIME=columns:day:starttime:endtime:cause[,columns:day:starttime:endtime:cause]
>>
>> Following that example, I've set it up like so:
>>
>> <ip address>   <hostname> # OS:aix
>> disk,files,cpu,memory,msgs,ports,procs
>> NOCOLUMNS:inode DOWNTIME=procs:*:2159:0030:"Nightly dwmain and dwstage
>> database backups",cpu:*:0000:2359:"CPU Utilization due to daily jobs"
>>
>> But when I go to the info page, I see:
>>
>> Planned downtime:	All days:2159:0030 (status:procs) (cause:Nightly
>> dwmain
>> and dwstage database backups)
>>
>> and at the bottom:
>>
>> Other tags:	OS:aix disk,files,cpu,memory,msgs,ports,procs
>> NOCOLUMNS:inode
>> ,cpu:*:0000:2359:CPU Utilization due to daily jobs
>>
>> Should I not see both parts of the DOWNTIME line in the "Planned
>> downtime"
>> area on the client's info page? I've noticed this behavior in both
>> 4.3.15
>> and 4.3.16 (I'm only trying to add this multi-schedule for the first
>> time,
>> today).

Thanks, Torsten.

Did the schedules work, though, with the spaces in place (i.e. was it just
an issue with the aesthetics) or did putting the the underscores ("_") in
cause the schedule to properly function, too?

--
Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org

"It's always suicide-mission this, save-the-planet that. No one ever just
stops by to say 'hi' anymore." --Colonel Jack O'Neill, SG1