[Xymon] Xymon 4.3.16 now available

Henrik Størner henrik at hswn.dk
Sun Feb 9 11:00:12 CET 2014

Hi,

Sunday appears to be my preferred day of the week for releasing new
Xymon versions, and this Sunday follows that tradition.

4.3.16 is available on Sourceforge now, in source form, as Debian
packages, or as pre-compiled plain binary tar-files for Linux.

There are no new features in this release, it simply tries to clean up
the various mistakes done over the past few weeks. In particular, the
accidental merging of client-local.cfg entries that was introduced in
4.3.15 is gone, unless you run xymond with a "--merge-clientconfig"
option. The regexp-style matching of hostnames from 4.3.15 still works,
also without this option enabled.

I realize that I may have carried the Open Source battlecry of "release
early, release often" a bit too far here in 2014, so I sincerely hope
that there won't be a need for yet another 4.3-release next Sunday. But
I hope you'll bear with me, and keep on reporting any weird behaviour
you may find.