[Xymon] client-local.cfg and xymon-4.3.15

Dominique Frise dominique.frise at unil.ch
Thu Feb 6 10:30:13 CET 2014

I don't agree.
The regexp support should not brake previous configuration.

BTW, the new man-page has not changed regarding the section name :

FILE FORMAT
        The file is divided into sections, delimited by  "[name]"  lines.
        A  section  name  can  be either an operating system identifier -
        linux, solaris, hp-ux, aix, freebsd, openbsd, netbsd, darwin - or
        a  hostname.  When  deciding  which  section to send to a client,
        Xymon will first look for a section named after the  hostname  of
        the  client; if such a section does not exist, it will look for a
        section named by the operating system of the client. So  you  can
        configure special configurations for individual hosts, and have a
        default configuration for all other hosts of a certain type.

        It will often be practical to use regular expressions  for  host-
        names.  To do this you must use

            [host=<expression>]

        where  <expression>  is a Perl-compatible regular expression. The
        same kind of matching can be done on  operating  system  or  host
        class, using

            [os=<expresssion>]
            [class=<expression>]

        Apart  from  the section delimiter, the file format is free-form,
        or rather it is defined by the tools that make use of the config-
        uration.

Dominique