[Xymon] Sending SNMP information

Vernon Everett everett.vernon at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 05:24:01 CET 2014

Hi all

At $CLIENT, an "executive decision" was made to do all monitoring using
$OTHER_TOOL.
$OTHER_TOOL uses only SNMP.
Although the results in Wintendo-land are acceptable, what we get in
Solaris-land is not.

As a compromise, it was resolved to keep Xymon for Solaris-land for admin
team monitoring and diagnostics, but get it to send critical elerts to
$OTHER_TOOL in the form of SNMP traps.
This might not even make sense, but somehow, probably using the SCRIPT
directive in alerts.cfg, I need to notify $OTHER_TOOL of critical events.

Any tips on how?

Regards
Vernon

--

"Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory"
- General George Patton