[Xymon] Host Name Links

John Thurston john.thurston at alaska.gov
Mon Dec 15 18:15:05 CET 2014

On 12/14/2014 8:17 PM, Ralph Mitchell wrote:
> At a previous $EMPLOYER I pointed the HOSTDOCURL to a MediaWiki.
> SysAdmins and a select few others had write access so they could add
> notes, docs and links for the Ops to reference.

We source our "notes" in our organization's wiki, but I have a scheduled
job which extracts the content to static HTML pages on the Xymon server.
This gives me the, authentication, content-creation, versioning, and
auditing tools of the wiki, without imposing a full-time external
dependency on my monitoring application.

I use an HREF tag in the DESCR field to link to the "notes". I can use
common "notes" pages for all the systems in a display-group by embedding
the link in a .default. line of the hosts.cfg.

> DESCR:"Production Servers for IRIS:<a href=/xymon/notes/IRIS-Prod target=Notes >Recovery Notes</a>"

John Thurston    907-465-8591
John.Thurston at alaska.gov
Enterprise Technology Services
Department of Administration