[Xymon] Feature Request

Norbert Kriegenburg norbert.kriegenburg at de.ibm.com
Wed Aug 27 09:25:09 CEST 2014

I also like the ease of use of the NCV feature.
Most of the times I hand over the values as hidden html comment in my test
page:

<!-- Begin Xymon NCV section
name1:value1
name2:value2
end Xymon NCV section -->

Then I'm able to separate the more verbose human readable test output from
the NCV name value pairs.
This works like a charm, but sometimes Xymon gets confused if there are ":"
or "=" in the text output (like in date strings...).

What I would suggest is to extend the NCV feature to only grab such lines
with a special keyword like this:

name1:value1 NCVDATA
or
name1:value1 <!-- NCVDATA -->

Then Xymon need only to look for lines with the keyword NCVDATA.
(or maybe it is easier to create a second NCV type to keep backwards
compatability).

Norbert